ROOT CANAL TREATMENT
Tooth decay is damage that occurs when germs in your mouth make acids that eat away at a tooth. It can lead to a hole in the tooth, called a cavity. If not treated, tooth decay can cause pain, infection, and tooth loss.
Bacteria and food can cause tooth decay. A clear, sticky substance called plaque is always forming on your teeth and gums. Plaque contains bacteria that feed on the sugars in the food you eat. As the bacteria feed, they make acids. The acids attack the teeth for 20 minutes or more after you eat. Over time, these acids destroy tooth enamel, causing tooth decay
The space inside the tooth from the center, (known as the pulp chamber) that travels down the length of the root to the tip (or apex) is called a “canal,” or more specifically, a root canal.
A root canal is a treatment used to repair and save a tooth that is badly decayed or becomes infected. During a root canal procedure, the nerve and pulp are removed and the inside of the tooth is cleaned and sealed. Without treatment, the tissue surrounding the tooth will become infected and abscesses may form.
The tiny canals contain the pulp of the tooth also commonly referred to as the nerve, which originates from the pulp chamber. Any trauma or infection of the nerve will result in the need for root canal therapy. Common reasons for root canal therapy include:
- Bacteria from the decayed tooth invades the pulp by penetrating through the tooth.
- Trauma, such as a chipped or broken tooth, occurs and results in the exposure of the nerve.
- A tooth has become abscessed — also known as infected — from decay.
- A tooth is slowly dying, due to aging or previous trauma that did not result in the need for treatment at the time of injury.
There are many types of advantages of using root canal treatment.
- Normal chewing without pain
- Control of sensation and biting in teeth
- Appearance becomes normal and natural
- Health of other teeth in mouth is not adversely affected
If a teeth is infected and Root canal treatment is needed then it is important to take immediate steps to make sure that the infection could be eliminated on time. Delays in treatment for root canal cases could lead to spreading of infection to other teeth and the person has to suffer from a lot of pain and loss of many teeth.
Smile Dental choose VDW Aplx Locator
Electric length determination has been proven to be superior to radiographical determination, when it comes to precisely locating the apical constriction. Therefore, choosing a Raypex device ensuring precise measuring results and featuring its unique zoom-in function, will already put you ahead.
- The average cost of root canal treatment varies according to the complexity of your case.
- Re-treatment may cost more than first-time treatment. Molar back teeth with multiple internal root canals may cost more than single-canal front teeth.
- Two treatments are never the same; cases can vary from fairly simple to extremely complex, depending on calcification of canals, curvature of canals, canal obstructions and access difficulties, and root canal microsurgery, to name but a few.
* Costs can therefore vary accordingly, but they should be quoted within a price range by the treating practitioner before the start of treatment.
Root canal treatment helps to alleviate toothaches and pain. Root canal treatment may be used to restore and salvage an otherwise removed tooth. If a tooth is removed, teeth may drift and shift into the empty space with change in bite and function