- High bond strength between metal and porcelain
- Strength for long-span bridges.
- Marginal integrity
- Ability to block out discolored underlying tooth structure.
- Can incorporate precision attachments where clinically appropriate
- Currently used more sparingly for anterior teeth given that more aesthetic options are available
- Aesthetics (Inadequate tooth preparation can affect aesthetics)
- Long-term colour stability (become lighter over time)
- Exposure of restoration margins over time
- Metal sensitivity